Every time you go on a drive, there is a possibility of your car breaking down. Having the right emergency kit in your car is the best way to ensure that you are prepared if you experience a breakdown. Make sure your emergency kit is stocked with these essentials this winter.
- First aid kit – make sure to choose a kit that has everything that you would need to treat a variety of problems, from small cuts to large burns.
- Fire extinguisher – a small fire extinguisher that is rated for chemical fires is the best way to put out fires. The faster you can put out a fire, the less damage it will cause.
- Flares or a hazard triangle – making sure that you can be seen on the side of the road, especially at night, will help you stay safe and give emergency responders a better chance of finding you fast.
- Jack and lug wrench – most vehicles come with a jack and lug wrench, but make sure to check your vehicle just in case. It is also important that you know how to change a tire in case of an emergency!
- Flashlight and batteries – look for a flashlight that is weatherproof to ensure that you will be able to use it to light up your area, even in the harshest weather conditions.
Having the right auto insurance policy is the best way to ensure that you are covered no matter what unfortunate situation you run into on the road. Contact Insurance and Mortgage Services in Batavia, Illinois for all of your insurance needs.