We all know that credit scores can greatly impact our auto insurance, and opportunities to get approved for a loan. In this struggling economy, how can we keep our scores high? Follow these easy tips, and watch as your credit score gets better and better:
- Always pay your bills before they are due.
- Keep the balance on your credit cards low. Try not to surpass 30% of your credit line each month.
- Try to stay away from store charge cards. These are an easy way to get behind on your payments.
- When it’s time to pay doctor bills or your utilities, do so right away.
- If you have old credit cards, keep them open and try to use them every once in a while.
Stay away from credit repair companies if you have a demerit on your credit report. Be sure to order your 3 free credit scores each year from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion to help keep track of your score! If you would like any assistance with your mortgage, or happen to have any questions about insurance, please don’t hesitate to contact Insurance And Mortgage Services located in Batavia!