Hosting a backyard BBQ? This salsa is a must!
Now that summer is right around the corner in Batavia, Illinois, many of us are prepping our barbeques and inviting the neighbors for a summer celebration. Whether you’re hosting a street party, getting the family together, or simply enjoying a sunny Saturday afternoon, chips and salsa is sure to be on the menu!
Use this easy and delicious recipe to impress your guests with homemade salsa – perfect for any summer party!
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Add half of the jalapeno pepper and taste.
- If you wish your salsa to have more of a kick, add the remaining half of jalapeno. If you are satisfied with the salsa’s heat, don’t add the remaining jalapeno pepper.
- Cover the salsa, and chill until ready to serve.
Pair with salty chips for a popular party delight!
From the insurance professionals at Insurance and Mortgage services, we hope that you enjoy your backyard barbeque parties – and this recipe! For all of your insurance needs in Batavia and surrounding cities in Illinois, contact us today.