Before we know it, it will be time to dress in costume and prepare the children for their trick-or-treat adventure around the neighborhood! It is crucial to incorporate preventative safety measures into your daily life to ensure a safe and happy holiday. Here are a few suggestions for your Halloween night:
- Make sure that your child’s costume does not use any sharp props.
- Your children should be supervised by a trusted adult for their entire trick-or-treat experience.
- When designing your child’s costume, be sure to leave room to attach a few strips of reflective material. Add reflective material to your child’s candy bag as well.
- Make sure to stay on the sidewalks, and only cross the street at designated crosswalks while trick-or-treating.
- Inspect your child’s candy bag before you allow them to dig into their candy stash.
- Cook a large meal for your child before their trick-or-treat outing so that they will be less likely to stuff themselves full of candy.
- Make sure that any hair dye, or costume make up is free of harmful chemicals that your child may be allergic to before application.
- Never use damaging decorative contact lenses.
- Make sure your walkway is well lit so that your trick-or-treaters will not take an unexpected fall.
- If you are planning to attend a Halloween costume party, never operate a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol.
The Insurance & Mortgage Services Team would like to wish you and your family the happiest, and safest Halloween holiday! For insurance or mortgage assistance, please do not hesitate to give us a call! We have 10 years of mortgage industry experience, and 6 years of experience with insurance. Please allow us to share our thorough understanding of both industries with you, today!