Your holiday travels don’t have to ruin your holiday fun with these tips.
No matter if your planning a trip to grandma’s house or headed to a tropical island for the holidays, taking the time to prepare for your travels can help to reduce your stress. To help you safely make it to your destination this season, keep these holiday travel safety tips in mind.
- Avoid peak days – if you have not already booked your flight, try to avoid peak dates. The busiest days are the days right before and after a holiday. If possible, travel on the actual holiday. Even though you may have to push your holiday plans back a few hours, it will help you avoid big crowds.
- Shop around – just like with anything else that you buy, shopping around before making a decision on flights and hotels will help to make sure that you get the best price. You can compare the prices on your own, or use a site that will do the work for you such as Kayak or Priceline.
- Leave early – head to the airport at least 1 hour before you usually would. The holidays are some of the busiest travel times of the year, meaning it will take you a lot more time to make your way through security and to your gate.
- Pack light – only bring what you need so that you don’t have to check any bags. The fees for checked bags on almost every airline increase during the holidays. If you can, try to fit everything you are bringing into one carry-on bag.
- Stay calm – stressing out because of a long security line will not help you get to the front of the line any faster. Think of all the fun you will have on your vacation and try to relax.
For all of your insurance coverage needs to ensure you are protected in case of any incident during your travels, contact Insurance and Mortgage Services in Batavia, Illinois.