Now that summer is just around the corner, it is the perfect time to start getting your beach house ready for the warm weather to fully enjoy the season. Keep these summer house preparation tips in mind to make sure that your beach house is ready when you need it.
- Check the heating and air conditioning system – change the filters in your HVAC unit, and turn both the heat and air on to ensure that they are working properly. Consider hiring a professional to do any regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Replace window A/C units – if you keep your beach house cool with a window A/C unit, run it for a while to make sure that it is working. If you find any issues with the unit, replace it before the weather heats up too much so that you do not have to sweat while installing it.
- Air it out – open all the doors and windows to allow some fresh air into the house. Put house plants near the bathroom and kitchen sinks to help filter out the air. English ivy, spider plants, and snake plants work the best to keep the air clean.
- Check your screens – when you open all the windows, check the screens to make sure that they are in good condition. Replace any screens that are torn so that you do not have to deal with annoying mosquitos and flies during the summer.
- Prep your deck – clean off all of your outdoor furniture with mild soap. Check the wood and fix any boards that may cause injury to protect your bare feet.
It is also the perfect time to look over your homeowner’s insurance policy to make sure that you are protected from any peril. Contact Insurance and Mortgage Services in Batavia, Illinois for all of your home insurance coverage needs.