We may be well into summer, but that doesn’t mean it is too late to spruce up your home with these summer home maintenance tips!
- Tune Up your Air Conditioner. With June Gloom long gone, the weather will only be getting warmer making it the perfect time to have your AC inspected. It is important to check refrigerant levels, which will not only keep you cool but also help keep your energy bill down. After all, you wouldn’t want your guests being over heated and unable to cool off from the summer heat!
- Roof Check. In order to avoid having small problems turn into big problems, you should have your roof inspected annually. Also, depending on the type of roof you have, it is recommended you clean your roof regularly.
- Window Check. It is suggested you routinely check sealants and weather-stripping, this will not only keep the cool air in but also help keep your energy bill down.
- Clean Gutters. Routinely cleaning out your gutters is a must if you want to prevent clogging and possible leaks. Cleaning your gutters at least twice a year, after the leaves have fallen in the fall/before the first snowfall and in late spring/early summer, can help keep your home properly maintained.
- Pressure Wash. To keep the outside of your home looking just as good as the inside, it is important to pressure wash the exterior. (Tip: If you plan on DIY pressure washing, make sure all plants, windows, doors and electrical outlets are covered before beginning)
These tips will not only give your home better aesthetic appeal, but it will also make a better space for entertaining! Regular home maintenance is an important part of homeownership, as is homeowners insurance. For more information on homeowners insurance contact Insurance & Mortgage Services, located in Batavia, Illinois.