With summer in full swing, many boat owners have already set sail on the lake or ocean of their choice. Boats can be incredibly fun, but also dangerous. It is crucial to review the boating safety guidelines each year before hitting the water. Here are some safety concerns to ponder before taking your boat out:
- Make sure certain areas of your boat are properly ventilated so that carbon monoxide does not build up in the cabin.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors on your boat.
- Keep an eye on any frayed wires or electrical problems your boat may be experiencing to minimize the risk of a fire.
- Avoid spill fuel anywhere near your boat.
- Always have a fire extinguisher with you on board.
- Make sure you have a way to communicate with emergency assistance when you are out on the water. VHF-FM marine radios come in handy when cell phone service is spotty.
- Repair or replace any frayed ropes.
If you would like to insure your boat, please contact Insurance And Mortgage Services located in Batavia! Our experienced insurance professionals can’t wait to assist you, today!