January is Teen Driving Awareness Month – Keep your teen safe on the roads!
Whether your teenager has just started learning to drive or has been driving for years now, it’s important to refresh safety tips for being behind the wheel! Ensuring the safety of yourself, your child, your passengers, and other drivers is essential before heading out on roads and highways. This January, nationally known as Teen Driving Awareness Month, it’s important that your teen understands the importance of, and how to, drive safely.
From distracted driving to drunk driving to careless driving, teens are known for it all. From easy access into their smartphones to never missing a text with their smart watch, technology is prevalent amongst teenagers these days. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teens in the U.S. With this information at hand, review these tips with your teen today!
- Wear a seat belt at all times!
- Pledge to not text or phone while driving
- Drive alone when possible
- Never drive when intoxicated
- Avoid distractions (phones, people, the radio, the air con, GPS directions)
- Avoid driving during high-risk hours (late at night, rush hour)
- Always drive at or below the speed limit
- Check and adjust the mirrors each time you drive
- Always set your GPS and radio before starting the car!
The prospect of your child behind the wheel is scary enough without them adding danger to their lives by picking up their phone, being drunk, or showing off to their friends!
Secure them the quality that they need with reliable auto insurance. At Insurance & Mortgage Services, our trusted insurance professionals find you a policy that protects you, your teen, your vehicle and finances for every bump in the road. Contact us in Batavia, Illinois today